Last Updated: May 2018
Why Does this Policy Exist?
Elegance Decor Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Elegance Decor Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
1.1 This website is an online retail division of Elegance Decor Ltd (“Us/We/Our”).
1.2 Our registered company number is 11038747. We are VAT registered, with number 291 9848 46.
1.3 We have a network of websites and services all of which are wholly owned by us. We trade under the name Elegance Rugs.
1.4 We, Elegance Decor Ltd, are the owner and operator of this website and, for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, we are the data controller.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by opting out of marketing emails via unsubscribe links or you may request us to completely remove your personal data by emailing us here
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please email us or once logged in you may correct this under your account management page.
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our services and when you purchase goods and services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- your name;
- your username and password;
- your shipping/billing address, email address and/or phone number;
- your bank details, including account number and sort code;
- the outcome of applications for financing;
- history of live chat sessions with our customer service team;
- information related to the internet browser and device you use to access our services;
- the pages visited and individual interactions with our services;
- and/or any other information you provide
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To fulfil any order or contract, for example, if you make a purchase from us or enter into an agreement to receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
Elegance Rugs do not hold any payment card data;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- With your consent to respond to any requests in relation to your data and per your legal rights and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any requests received from you or from others, about our website or services;
- We may use information you provide to personalise (i) our communications to you; (ii) our website; and (iii) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- To monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- To market to you using third-party dynamic re-targeting;
- We may also market to you in relation to relevant products and services, this will only be sent where you have consented to receive it, you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries to process it for the purposes of inter-group administration and to deliver products or services where elements of these are provided by group companies other than those with which you have directly contracted.
We may also share your personal data with the below third parties:
- our professional advisors, external legal advisors and financial advisors;
- marketing and communications agencies where they have agreed to process your personal data in line with this Privacy Notice;
- market research companies;
- our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors; and/or
- search engine and web analytics.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws. Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of Elegance Rugs for the purposes above. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, security, finance applications, logistics partners and payment providers.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is strictly necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse pursuant to our terms and conditions.
Automatic removal of all online personal information from our database is maintained in accordance with the retention policy below:
- Inactive accounts: 1 Year
- Pending orders :14 Days
- Failed orders: 6 Months
- Cancelled orders: 6 Months
- Completed orders: 3 Years
- Stripe Data: 3 Years
Should you wish to remove your personal data from our systems you may do so by emailing us here
Primarily we store all of our data within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) however the personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, in which case the third country’s data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission or other applicable safeguards are in place.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Some of the cookies we use are listed below:
- Name: woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart
- Purpose: These are created to store a list of items when added to your cart
- Name: woocommerce_recently_viewed
- Purpose: This tracks your recently views products to create an easier navigable user experience
- Name: wp_woocommerce_session_<HASH>
- Purpose: This cookie gives you a unique ID for the duration of your visit to the site. It ensures the pages you request are sent directly to your browser and tracks the path you take around our website to provide a better user experience.
- Name: _stripe_mid – Learn more stripe.com/gb/privacy
- Name: _stripe_sid – Learn more stripe.com/gb/privacy
We use this non-personal information to help improve the services we provide to you. When you visit the publicly available sections of the Services, a session ID cookie is placed on your computer that only lasts while you’re visiting. We also place persistent cookies (also known as local storage devices) on members’ computers, so that we remember them to make your login in process faster and easier.
Controlling and deleting cookies
- by using the opt-outs provided below;
- by visiting youronlinechoices.com; or
- through your browser, as explained below.
You can also block cookies by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this Site cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser. Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit aboutcookies.org and youronlinechoices.eu.
What cookies are used for and why we use them on this Site
This table shows fully the cookie functions and why they are used, although our uses may change over time and it is important that you revisit this page to understand these uses:
Analytics and research
We use the information collected by analytical tools to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
These cookies help us to identify our members so that when you’re logged in, you can enjoy all of the features without having to continually log in – our website “remembers” you and allows you full access without the need to keep entering your log in details.
We need to use certain cookies and local storage devices to ensure our members have the best possible experience, such assisting with your navigation of our site, ensuring pages load up quickly and respond faster to your requests for our Services.
Ad Serving & Behavioural Advertising
We may sell space on some of our websites to advertisers. We use several services to help us and advertisers understand what adverts you might be interested in. These cookies hold information about the computer – they don’t hold personal information about you (ie it’s not linked to you as an individual). But they might hold a record of what other websites you’ve looked at – so we could show you a car advert if you’ve previously visited a motoring website.
Advertisements on this Site and the other sites you visit are provided by other organisations. Our advertising partners will serve advertisements that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you, based on information about your visit to the Site and other websites. In order to do this, our advertising partner may need to place a cookie on your computer. For more information about this type of online behavioural advertising, about cookies, and about how to turn this feature off, please visit youronlinechoices.eu and select your country. Please note that turning off advertising cookies won’t mean that you are not served any advertising merely that it will not be tailored to your interests.
Our website, apps, and promotional materials, may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We do not solicit or target persons younger than legal age for collection of information online. Our Site does not permit children under the age of 18 to become users and we do not accept any information from children. By submitting information to us you represent that you are over the age of 18. We encourage minors to seek the consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their households to anyone on the Internet. We encourage parents to take an active role to protect the privacy and security of their children and to prevent the inappropriate use of information about their children. We support the development of technologies that help parents to control the collection and use of personal information from children who use online services in their households.